Monday, February 25, 2008

I just might pull this off...

Day one of the attitude readjustment seems to have gone well, despite work being intensely lame today. Seriously, it shouldn't take 5 hours to repair a mail server...but this isn't an IT blog, so enough about that.

I made it through day one without soda, which taxed me a bit. It really hurt at about 3:00 when I finally got sore from last night's reconditioning exercise. I was 50/50 about going to the pool tonight, given last week's abysmal performance (not to mention the four days it took for it to stop hurting when I breathed), but I wound up there. I took the night's workout and figured I'd do some, see how I felt maybe pull back at race distance, or 1500 yards. For reference, tonight's workout was 3450 yards. We have one hour to do it.

Anyway, I got in the pool and immediately just felt good. I started swimming and I knew a couple of lengths in that I was going to go for it. I wound up finishing 3200 yards. I didn't lose feeling in my left side. It doesn't hurt to breathe. My core is a bit sore, between last night and this session, but that's to be expected.

The road to recovery begins. Next up, apart from some hotel ab work, is Iron Mountain. I'll talk more about that later on.

No comments: