Mostly this is random lines from songs that I think are really cool. Why am I writing this down? Because they keep getting stuck in my head.
1. I brought down the sky for you / but all you did was shrug -- Audience of One, Rise Against.
2. When I die I don't want no part of heaven / I would not do heaven's work well -- Youngstown, Bruce Springsteen
3. Now every cheap hood strikes a bargain with the world, / Ends up making payments on a sofa or a girl. -- Death or Glory, The Clash
4. Pretty girl keep growin' up, playin' make-up, wearin' guitar -- Left of the Dial, The Replacements
5. She's living in LA / with my best old ex-friend Ray / a guy she said she knew well and sometimes hated -- Operator, Jim Croce
6. All smiles and sunshine / a perfect world on a perfect day / everything always works out / I have never felt so fucking great -- Survive, Rise Against
7. The Gods forgot they've made me / so I forgot them to / I listen to the shadows / I play among their graves -- Seven, David Bowie
8. Big green monkey / everyone's a junky -- Everyone's a Junky, Our Lady Peace
9. Look around and you'll see that at times it feels like no one really cares / It gets me down but I'm still gonna try to do what's right, I know that there's / A difference between sleight of hand, and giving everything you have / There's a line drawn in the sand, I'm working up the will to cross it -- The Artist in the Ambulance, Thrice