Wednesday, March 5, 2008

It's Official

I've got plantar fasciitis. The doctor said so. Apparently my calf muscles don't get loose enough to release the strain on my foot, so I've got problems. Since Lavaman is only a month away, the good doctor said that the best thing I could do is get a cortisone injection and stretch the bejesus out of it for the next couple of weeks.

I'll spare you the gory details of how far into my foot he shoved the needle, but it was not fun to watch. It hurts like the devil now too. I've barely been able to walk all day.

Apparently, I can try for a short run this weekend and if it doesn't feel right, I'm supposed to start physical therapy ASAP. Nifty, huh? All this so I can run six miles. Where are my priorities? Eh, if I hit my time goal it'll all be worth it, right?

And by the way, don't spin two days in a row. It kinda strains the legs.

No comments: